The Mats have arrived....almost. They are at the freight handlers in Rochester. We have scheduled delivery for this Tuesday the 26th of June. Delivery will be between Noon and 5pm and we will get ~1/2hr to an hour notice before they get there. We will need about 6 people to get the stuff off the truck and up to the dojo without over-straining anyone. We have about 4 people now that can make it, so another 2 or 3 would be great. Please contact Candy or Brian.
So far the schedule for the work is:
July 1st, ~11AM
- we tear down the old mats, foam, and boards.
- Re-arrange the fridge/couch area
- Test fit new mat
- Building maintenance (ceiling fixes, electrical upgrades)
- Layout new wood border
- pre-drilling of wood
- floor drilling
- paint wood
- Permanently affix new wood borders (glue it and screw it)
- Put down foam
- Apply mat cover
- Adjustments to mat tensioning
- assuming all goes to plan - dojo re-opens with normal Saturday Classes
See Brian or Candy for details. Schedule subject to change as $#%# happens, so keep an eye here for updates.
Thanks in advance!
Post a Comment