Friday, May 30, 2008
Registration forms are in the dojo. We can also email you a form. There is a discount on registration if you send in your deposit before June 20.
If you have any questions, just ask any instructor. They have all attended camp many times and can help you.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
- Tuesday, June 10, there will be a black belt meeting at 8 pm.
- Thursday, June 19, there will be testing at 7 pm.
- Saturday, June 28, Gary Snyder will be in Rochester and will teach in the morning and afternoon.
Be sure to watch the bulletin boards at the dojo as well as this blog in the coming month for more information.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
All students are welcome to participate in test prep; however focus will be on the test candidates.
Test prep is not mandatory but it’s a good challenge whether you are testing or not and most importantly it does take a village/dojo to raise a brown/black belt.
Come uke, run a video camera/stop watch or simply cheer from the sidelines.
- Week 1 – Set the baseline for fitness and technique – Class will be co-taught by Marcella and Brian and will run from 7:00 pm-9:00 pm, more details to follow.
- Week 2-Week 5 – 7:00 pm and 8:00 pm classes will focus on various aspects of testing: goal setting, techniques-quality v. quantity, presence, signature throws, etc.
- Week 6 – Re-visit the baseline for fitness and technique – Class will be co-taught by Marcella and Brian and will run from 7:00 pm-9:00 pm, more details to follow.
Questions, see Marcella or Brian.
Do you have questions? Would you like individual attention to help with a technique? Then mornings are for you! Our small classes allow us the flexibility to adjust to what you need. The 6:30(or 7) to 8 am classes provide the time and allow for individual attention difficult to obtain in a large class.
Our Monday and Friday classes focus on a chosen ki exercise or attack and applying it to various techniques while exploring how this can benefit you.
This Friday, May 16th we will explore ude furi undo (airplane spin).
On Monday, May 19th we will play with yokomen hantai (backhand)
and what opportunities this attack presents.
Then on Friday, May 23rd we will examine tenkan and its various
uses throughout several techniques.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
On Saturday, May 17, we will be having another regional practice. Eastern Sky Dojo and RIT will be joining us for a special expanded Saturday class. Class will begin at 10:15 and go until noon.
It is YOUR participation that makes these regional practices work. Please come!