- Fri. March 6-Sun. March 8 – Winter Camp, Lawrenceville, NJ-see
brochures or a black belt
- Sat. March 7 – DOJO CLOSED, no kids or adult class
- Mon. March 9 – Camp belts in 7:00 pm class
- Tues. March 10 – Dennis Embert Sensei at Eastern Sky dojo-All
are welcome-6:30 pm-8:30 pm (suggested donation $10), dinner after TBA
- Wed. March 11 – Dennis Embert Sensei at Aikido Kokikai Rochester dojo-All
are welcome-6:00 pm-8:00 pm (suggested donation $10), dinner after TBA
- Thurs. March 12 – Camp belts in 6:00 pm class
- Thurs. March 19 – Testing in the dojo during 7:00 pm class
- Wed. April 1 – Maruyama Sensei’s Birthday, need to get card in the mail by 3/23
Monday, March 2, 2015
Saturday, February 28, 2015
PS. Since Len is going to camp, there will not be open mat on 3/8 either. As usual, check with Len for the Sunday open mat schedule.
For those going to camp. We just got word that parking may be an issue due to a second event on campus that weekend. Please arrive to class early as you may have to walk a bit farther than you are used to.
Thanks and stay warm!!!
Thursday, February 19, 2015
As we continued on with stretches and ki exercises we kept that visualization going. Which leg stretches felt more comfortable, which less? Which of those feelings could be capitalized on during a technique? As we did fune kogi undo, we pictured moving uke's balance back with it. We pictured the beginning movements of tsuki kote gaeshi as we practiced tenkan (turning about the point of connection) and tekubi kosa joho undo. We felt how the connection with uke should feel as we did the kote gaeshi ki exercise. And then, as we did standing ukemi, we took notice of how fast we fell to the ground without any assistance from a nage.
Finally, we practiced tsuki kote gaeshi. Though we really had already been practicing for it 15 minutes.
Warm ups can be very useful. It's not just a time to make a perfect shomen uchi movement, but a time to reflect on how that movement is used in a given technique.
Monday, February 2, 2015
Sunday, January 25, 2015
We had a very successful meeting for the dojo this Saturday morning. We had a great turnout and had many people step up to take care of the various tasks needed to operate the dojo. It is a testament to how much Aikido and having the dojo means to everyone.
Thanks to the entire dojo for your continued support!